In this webinar recording, Award-winning teacher Jennifer Parrett shares her journey of implementing a trauma-informed approach at James Fallon High School – a rural community with a high proportion of First Nations, migrant and refugee students.
In particular, Jennifer looks at vicarious trauma experienced by staff – its impact on wellbeing and staff culture and implications for strategic planning.
In this webinar, participants will have the opportunity to learn about:
- the impact of trauma, illness and disability on student wellbeing, engagement and learning and on the broader school community
- the impact of vicarious trauma on staff
- ways to navigate trauma and vicarious trauma for staff
- one school’s reflections on the impact of Covid
- the journey of a leader in a changing context