Australian Schools Plus (ABN 65 164 622 459) is committed to protecting your privacy and the privacy of personal information provided to us. We comply with all relevant laws in collecting, using, disclosing, and holding your personal information including the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and the relevant Australian Privacy Principles.
Information We Collect and Hold
We only collect personal information that we need for our work and to provide services to you. We collect information from our donors, schools, and other individuals (for example teachers and volunteers) seeking our services to enable us to carry out our business activities including functions and activities involving connecting supporters with schools in need. We may also collect personal information from people seeking to work with us and other contractors involved in working with us.
We will advise you if it is possible for you to be involved with us and for us to provide our services on an anonymous basis or using a pseudonym. If you do not consent to the collection of your personal information or provide to us incomplete or inaccurate information, we may not be able to provide to you our services.
The type of personal information we may collect includes:
- information that you give us from the forms on the Website, through our newsletter sign up, through our donations or grants process or other contact with us. This may include your name, address, email address and possibly financial information and credit card details;
- any personal information provided by you when you communicate with us for any reason; and
- other information including users’ IP address
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Wherever possible we collect personal information directly from the relevant individual.
We may collect and hold your personal information when:
- you provide this information to us in any way including via paper, telephone or electronic media;
- when you attend one of our webinars;
- you use our services;
- when you visit our website;
- provide feedback; or
- when we are required or authorised by law to do
Use of Information
We may use information collected:
- for purposes to which you have consented;
- to provide you with services;
- to provide you with news and information about our services;
- customise, measure, and improve user experiences and our services and content;
- send marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in;
- internal record keeping, internal management, quality assurance, risk management, billing and administrative purposes;
- communicate with you and update you on our activities, including by email, mail or telephone;
- to process transactions;
- to handle any queries you may have or complaints; and
- when we are required to provide your personal information to others by
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable
information. We will not disclose information that personally identifies you to advertisers. We will confine the disclosure of your personal information to the primary purpose for which that information has been collected, or for a related secondary purpose. This includes when disclosure is necessary to provide services to you, assist us in running our organisation, or for security reasons.
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements.
We may disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties:
- who assist us in managing our business, such as professional advisors;
- who are working directly on our behalf;
- who are engaged by us to perform functions or provide services on our behalf, such as processing credit card information or processing grant applications;
- anyone authorised by you to receive your personal information held by us (your consent may be implied or express).
We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of personal information, and will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
To protect your personal information we maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis.
We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Access to your personal information is restricted to employees who need it to provide benefits or services to you.
While we endeavour to protect your information, the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent to us by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. The transmission of information via such channels is at your own risk. Where we have given you access to systems such as grant application systems where you enter confidential information, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We use tools such as encryption, passwords, and physical security to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure, but this cannot be guaranteed.
You might find links to a third-party website on our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any site that is linked to our website. Your activity on those sites is covered by the privacy policies of those sites. You should always read the applicable privacy policies on the other websites.
- server address;
- domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au etc);
- the date and time of visit;
- the web pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- previous site visited; and
- type of browser
This information cannot directly identify individuals. It is only used to measure the number of visitors to the different parts of the site and to help us make the site more useful to you. Cookies may also be used for other purposes on our website but in each case none of the information collected can be used to personally identify you.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Access, Amendment and Deletion of Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information which we hold about you. If you make a request to access your personal information, we will ask you to verify your identity and specify the information you require.We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date.
You may contact us to amend any of your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date or request that your personal information be deleted. Please contact us in writing below in relation to any privacy issues:
Attention: Operations Team Australian Schools Plus Level 1, 204 Clarence Street Sydney NSW 2000.
Subject to any legal restrictions, we will meet all your requests in relation to accessing, amending, or deleting your personal information within a reasonable period of receipt of your request.
Feedback or queries on this policy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or if you consider that we have breached your privacy, you can lodge a complaint by contacting:
- Rosemary Conn, CEO, Australian Schools Plus, Level 1, 204 Clarence Street, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000; or
- the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints)
We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.