About the program
Through our Smart Giving program, we help connect schools across Australia with individuals, businesses and foundations who are passionate about education.
We invite schools to submit projects they have identified as high impact and strategic in significantly improving learning experiences for students. Projects, based on evidence and schools’ unique community needs, must lead to successful outcomes for students.
Schools in disadvantaged communities have an opportunity to design and develop a project exploring creative, progressive approaches in education.
We draw on advice from independent experts to select a range of projects, then promote them to potential donors who want to know where they can have the greatest impact.
Smart Giving 2017
Submissions are currently closed for this round.
For information on our next round, please subscribe to our e-news for updates.
- Schools wishing to be part of the Smart Giving program must have an ICSEA (Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage) value below 1000. Schools with a zero ICSEA value need to call Schools Plus to determine eligibility relating to disadvantage. For school ICSEA values, see My School website.
- Project value:
– between $10,000 and $30,000 for an individual project
– up to $50,000 for cluster school projects (for 5-10 schools)
- Projects should have long-term, measurable benefits for students facing disadvantage.
- Projects must lead to profound improvements in student engagement in learning.
- All submissions in our Smart Giving program are considered by an assessment panel, which includes independent experts.
Contact our School Relations Manager via email to email@example.com if you wish to discuss the Smart Giving program.
Please note: While every effort will be made to connect schools with donors, there is no guarantee that every school project selected for the Smart Giving program will receive the funding sought.