Over 4000 schools across Australia are eligible for support through our Partnership Opportunities. Eligible schools have an ICSEA (Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage) value below 1000. Schools with no (zero) ICSEA value must contact Schools Plus to determine eligibility, except for special needs schools which are eligible. To check your school’s ICSEA value, visit www.myschool.edu.au.
Other considerations include:
- Your school must have direct student enrolments. A campus of a significant site does not qualify unless student enrolment is held directly at this campus.
- Only one project per school or school cluster will be considered each year.
- Schools can only apply for either a Single or Multi-Year Partnership opportunity per round.
- Schools involved in a cluster application cannot submit a separate individual application.
- If your school has received funding and support through our previous Smart Giving (including Smart Giving Invitation), Commonwealth Bank Teaching Awards or Fair Education programs your project must be acquitted by 30 June to apply. This includes cluster schools involved in a project. Please contact us if you are unsure.
- Schools aligned with a Not-for-Profit body which holds Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status are ineligible to apply.
WHAT DOES THE ICSEA VALUE MEAN?
ICSEA is a scale which allows for fair and reasonable comparisons among schools with similar students. ICSEA stands for the Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage.
ICSEA provides an indication of the socio-educational backgrounds of students; it has nothing to do with the staff, school, facilities or teaching programs at the school. ICSEA isn’t a school rating.