Tuesday 4 May, 4pm (AEST)
Julie Murphy, Principal at Elizabeth Vale School (EVS) in South Australia and 2020 Commonwealth Bank Fellowship recipient will share EVS’s story of bringing about a cultural change, underpinned by trauma-informed practice, to help their students be ready to learn and succeed. Julie’s leadership has been informed by her deep knowledge of the impact of trauma on the neuroscience of students
In this webinar participants will walk through the ‘virtual school gate’ of EVS and:
- learn how the school community identified the why and what they needed to achieve to meet the needs of their students (intentionality of practice)
- learn what trauma-informed practice in education looks like in practice
- explore strategies and approaches which helped staff review and shift practices
- learn ways to know you are having an impact on students’ learning
- reflect on the lessons learned and unexpected wins.