Julie Murphy shares her story of embedding trauma-informed practice at Elizabeth Vale Primary School, SA
Julie Murphy, Principal at Elizabeth Vale School in South Australia and 2020 Teaching Fellow, shares her school’s story of bringing about a cultural change, underpinned by trauma-informed practice, to help their students be ready to learn and succeed.
Julie’s leadership has been informed by her deep knowledge of the impact of trauma on the neuroscience of students. In this webinar, participants walk through the ‘virtual school gate’ of Elizabeth Vale School and:
- learn how the school community identified the why and what they needed to achieve to meet the needs of their students (intentionality of practice)
- learn what trauma-informed practice in education looks like in practice
- explore strategies and approaches which helped staff review and shift practices
- learn ways to know you are having an impact on students’ learning
- reflect on the lessons learned and unexpected wins.