Schools Plus is working with a trial group of eligible schools across Australia to support them to identify, connect, engage with and fundraise from their past students (alumni).
There is evidence of a strong association between student achievement and the way in which a school engages with its parent and broader community. We believe alumni are an essential part of a school’s community, who are uniquely placed to inspire current and future students and staff and provide much needed funds and other philanthropic support to disadvantaged schools.
Connecting past students with your school
We support schools to identify, connect, engage with and fundraise from their past students (alumni) by providing:
- Program support – a dedicated alumni relationship manager from Schools Plus will work with your school to help make your alumni program a success. Schools also nominate staff to help run the alumni program. We will meet with your school and provide ongoing communications and support.
- Toolkit of resources – we will share resources online to make it easy for schools to identify, connect and engage with and fundraise from alumni. Resources include an alumni contact form, which can be used to collect alumni contact information, a communications plan to assist you to connect with your alumni community, and tips on how to engage your alumni, host alumni events and fundraise from your alumni community.
- Fundraising expertise and tax deductibility for donors including access to our crowdfunding platform, Fundraise Yourself, which you can use to fund strategic education projects for your school. Donors will receive a tax-deductible receipt when they donate to your school.
Alumni are uniquely placed to support your school and inspire students and staff because they
- sat in the same seats and lived in the same area,
- are strongly connected to your school, and
- are a sustainable and relatable network of role models for students.
If your school is interested in reaching out to your past students, we would love to talk to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8880 0296.